BSc Hons Nutritional Therapy, Certified NLP Practitioner, MBANT, CNHC
Elaine has achieved a first class degree in Nutritional Therapy from the Centre for Nutrition Education & Lifestyle Management (CNELM) validated by Middlesex University.
- Elaine is a full member of BANT (British Association of Applied Nutrition & Nutritional Therapy) and bound by their Code of Ethics and Practice.
- She is registered with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) and also an associate member of the Royal Society of Medicine (RSM).
Training and Experience:
Elaine is a qualified Nutritional Therapist who uses the functional medicine approach to help her clients achieve optimum health. She also has many years experience as a dental hygienist in London and Wiltshire.
Style of Working:
Functional medicine is based on the concept that good health is a consequence of metabolic balance, which can only be maintained through the interaction of all body systems working together in a precise manner. Elaine will work with you to identify which systems may have been challenged over time and to make the connections between what you eat, your lifestyle, your family history and in particular stressors, that may have influenced your health. Her aim is to motivate and guide you to make practical, realistic, healthy improvements to your diet and lifestyle at the right pace for you, while meeting your needs, goals, personal tastes and budget. Nutritional therapy may support the following systems.
- Digestion (including absorption and elimination)
- Hormonal balance
- Nervous system
- Immune system (e.g. immune function, inflammation, infection)
- Transportation (e.g. cardiovascular and lymphatic function)
- Cellular energy regulation
- Structure (including skin and the musculoskeletal system)
It was around 15 years ago that her interest in nutrition and complementary medicine developed. Evidence of an oral-systemic link to heart disease and diabetes was emerging and she wanted to be able to support her patients beyond the normal scope of dental hygiene. Elaine embarked on a 3 year diploma in nutritional therapy and transferred to a degree course, wanting to benefit from the best quality training available. On a personal level, by making diet and lifestyle changes herself, she realised the profound effect these changes can have on health, and is now equipped to help others experience the difference Nutritional Therapy can make.
Fees: One to one Consultation plus follow-up £140 – includes:
• Pre consultation Questionnaire
• Analysis of Questionnaire
• 1½ hour initial consultation
• Recommendations for Tests
• Supplement Prescription with discount from supplier
• Eating Plans
• Information Sheets
• Follow-up Consultation 1 month after Initial Consultation (45 mins)
Costs include telephone and email support between consultations. Tests or supplements are at additional cost.
Please call Elaine on 07788436515 to arrange a free 15 minute telephone consultation to discuss your health concerns, goals and needs to decide if nutritional therapy may be appropriate for you.
01635 226880 (clinic)
07788 436515 (mobile)